“Our goals can only be reached through the vehicle of a plant. There is no other route to success”- Pablo Picasso.
Meal planning is the act of taking time to plan a certain number of meals for a certain amount of days. You can prepare for yourself or your family. This planning allows you to think and control not just the nutritional content but also the portions of your meals. Moreover, it can also help you save money and budget your food cost properly versus impromptu restaurant meals. Furthermore, research from NCBI showed that portion control leads to weight loss and management.
Guide to Planning your meals:
1. Ask yourself or your family members what kinds of food do they want to eat
1. Spend time to find recipes per week, keep it balanced and nutrient-rich as much as possible
2. Check the season and weather as these can affect what ingredients are available and what food suites the weather
3. Spend one day to cook all meals and properly portion them out. It’s better to buy same size containers per meal
4. Store food in the refrigerator until your going to eat it.
The process may seem unfamiliar and hassle at first, but once you get used to it, you and your family’s long term, health will follow.