When is it Appropriate to Say I Love You?
How often should we say ‘I love you’?
Lasting relationships are always built on finding the balance between actions and loving words.
Being told ‘I love you’, if said sincerely, is always a very special thing. Nothing feels and sounds better than hearing this short phrase especially if you are also feeling the same way.
As David A. Bednar says, it is important to keep in mind that saying ‘I love you’ to a partner is only a beginning. You need to say it, you need to mean it, and more importantly we need to show it consistently. Provided we mean what we are saying, and that it is what we feel, then there is no problem saying these three words frequently. After all, they are usually the sweetest words to the ear of someone we are in an intimate relationship with. The bottom line is, our actions should reflect what we say. Ultimately, lasting relationships are always built on finding the balance between actions and loving words.
How consistent should we say ‘I love you’?
You can never say ‘I love you’ enough. These are the most appropriate times to say these three words:
• Whenever both of you are in high spirit
• At times when your partner is feeling low, these words can assure them that they are not alone in whatever it is that they are going through
• When checking on them via text or call, always end the conversation or message with these words
• When you feel they need assurance
• Whenever you honestly feel you truly love your partner and you want them to know
• Whenever you are expressing your love
Some people say that words are only what they say. However, this is not true when it comes to saying these three words to someone you truly cherish. As long as your actions are backing your words, you can always tell your partner ‘I love you’.