Do Goals Help Your Progress?
Dreams don’t work unless you do
“Dream Big. Set Goals. Take Action and Succeed”
Goals refer to the individual’s desired result. Goal setting allows individuals to set practical yet straightforward methods to maintain motivation throughout their exercise routine. It sets a road map and endpoint destination for people to follow with the road bumps being the lack of motivation and unwillingness to move forward.
According to a study in NCBI, setting goals lead to significant long-term weight loss. However, setting unrealistic goals can backfire and lead to weight gain.
Different Types of Goals:
- Long-term goals- goals which you want to achieve in the long haul. These goals are also endpoint goals which can mean your career as a professional or personal ambitions.
- Yearly goals- annual goals you want to achieve. These goals could be like an annual competition in sports or character development you want to pursue for the year.
- Performance goals- goals you achieve within the yearly goals. These can be the milestones within your annual goal like passing the preliminaries in the contest to be considered for the big one.
- Preparation goals- goals you need to make before setting up an actual performance or yearly goal. These could include studying or practicing topics to get in the loop of your chosen industry/ sport.
- Lifestyle goals- goals that include how you live to fit your professional or personal goals in life. These goals include eating habits, studying habits, and even sleeping habits.