How to Feel More Refreshed
Every day you wake up is a miracle you have to cherish.
“Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters the most.”-Buddha
In a busy world, sleep has become more of a luxury and less of a need for most people who work. A study from 3 FTSE 100 companies showed that 64% of employees proclaim that they wake up feeling unrefreshed and tired. This problem directly affects their mood and work productivity.
In order to wake up feeling refreshed, several factors have to taken into consideration. As from the quality and quantity of sleep, the act of waking up and sleeping can also play a significant role in affecting one’s physiological mood and work efficiency.
Here are some things you can do to feel refreshed in the mornings:
- Establish a bedtime routine. Set a regular time for sleeping and waking up depending on how long you should sleep. Remember to stick to it.
- Make your bedroom sleep-friendly. Dark rooms are best for sleeping. Adding blackout curtains or moving the bed away from any light source such as windows can improve the way you sleep. Moreover, turn off any electronics that can disturb you in your sleep.
- Cool environment. The best temperature to sleep in is around 65-70 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Don’t eat a lot before going to sleep. It causes bloating and can, in turn, disrupt the body while sleeping.
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine. Both chemicals can increase heart rate and brain activity, thus lead to disrupting sleep.